Yoga Classes - Studio Policies & Etiquette
Effective January 1, 2015
PLEASE ARRIVE EARLY SO THAT YOU ARE IN THE STUDIO BEFORE THE CLASS BEGINS. If you are late, please enter the room quietly so you do not disturb the other students and the teacher in class. It is disrespectful to slam the door or to snap release your mat. Instead, please close the door without any sound and unroll your mat very slowly and quietly. It is important to complete the whole yoga class for your well-being, commitment to your practice, and respect for the teacher and community. Please arrive early and do not leave class early so you can enjoy your whole experience at 8 Limbs Yoga.
A Sanskrit word meaning non-violence. Do no harm in thought, word, or deed. Treat everyone including managers, teachers, and other students with kindness, compassion, and respect. Practice yoga without harming your body, don’t force any movements, be gentle.
A Sanskrit word meaning truthfulness. Be honest in all of your communications
A Sanskrit word meaning order, tidiness, or cleanliness. Please leave all of your belongings in the Boutique retail space; your shoes, keys and other small items in the cubbies provided. Water should be drunk before and after class but not brought inside the studio. We try to keep the studio empty and clear. The teacher will let you know the best way to arrange your mat for the class that you are attending. Please feel free to practice vairagya, or non-attachment, in the studio by moving your asana practice to new places. There are no reserved spaces.
Cell phones are not permitted inside the yoga studio. Please leave your cell phone in the car or in your bag in the Boutique and make sure they are turned off. We suggest that you do not bring any valuables into the yoga studio as we are not responsible for lost or stolen items.
Workshop Refund/Cancellation Policy
If you cancel prior to 14 days of workshop start date, you will be issued a refund less a (TBD per workshop) administration fee. No refunds, no transfers, and no credits for cancellations within 14 days of workshop start date. No refunds or credits for failure to attend or failure to complete the workshop.
Class or Event Cancellation/Date Change Policy
8 Limbs Yoga reserves the right to cancel or change the date of any class, workshop, or retreat. We will do our best to notify participants in a timely manner if this occurs. Only on very rare occasions do we have to close the studio due to inclement weather or a national holiday. We update the online class schedule when there are class changes or class cancellations.
Returned Check Policy
All returned checks are subject to a processing fee of $25. This fee along with the original amount of the check is due within seven business days of the official notification from 8 Limbs Yoga. The total is to be paid at the originally charged studio only by cash, credit card, money order, or certified bank check. A "hold" will be placed on the student’s 8 Limbs account until acceptable payment has been received.
We accept all major credit cards.
Retail Boutique Returns
Returned retail clothing is accepted for exchange or store credit with receipt and item tag still attached within 7 days of purchase. Yoga mats may not be returned after they are opened or used. Retail items cannot be exchanged for yoga classes and yoga memberships or class packages may not be exchanged for retail items. All sale items and jewelry, are final sale. All shipping charges are nonrefundable. 8 Limbs Boutique has the right to refuse returns if merchandise is damaged, worn or outside of the 14 day return policy. Please ship via a insured, trackable service as 8 Limbs will not be responsible for any items lost or damaged in mail.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any information on returns and exchanges.
Gift Certificate and Yogi Bucks
Gift Certificates and Yogi Bucks purchased online or in the Boutique cannot be refunded.
Student rates are available to undergraduates and lower. Those requesting student discounts should be full time students. Please inquire.
Yoga 6-month Memberships
Between ______________________________and Eight Limbs Yoga St. Augustine for Monthly Unlimited Auto Bill Program. Membership Start Date:
Membership Terms & Conditions Membership is in force which is the Start Date, with automatic renewal for six (6) months, unless cancelled by either you (the client) or Eight Limbs Yoga -
Please read the following terms and conditions carefully and check the “I AGREE WITH THE ABOVE TERMS” check box and sign your name below confirming that you have read these conditions and accept these membership terms:
1) I understand my membership will be cancelled once I submit my request via email to: email@example.com, no less than (30) days prior to my next automatic payment date;
2) I also accept that Eight Limbs Yoga of St Augustine does not pro-rate refunds or allows extensions and/or transfers for a suspended membership;
3) I understand that upon signing this agreement that I am responsible for 6 monthly payments. I understand that I am purchasing
4) I understand that I cannot cancel my membership for any reason except if I become permanently disabled with confirmation from a physician or move more than 25 miles away from 8 Limbs Yoga in St. Augustine.
5) I understand that there will be a fee of $35 for terminating my membership
6) I understand that a confirmation in the form of an email from Eight Limbs Yoga of St Augustine will serve as my confirmation of the successful submission of my request. I understand that a client care specialist, our accounts manager, Lorelei Soule, will email a final confirmation to me informing me that my cancellation has been processed and the date the cancellation is effective. I understand that it is my responsibility to ensure that Eight Limbs Yoga of St Augustine has responded to my e-mail request that I sent, confirming my requested changes to my account. I understand that Eight Limbs Yoga of St Augustine is not responsible for ensuring that I check my email for the cancellation response nor is Eight Limbs Yoga of St Augustine responsible for following up with me to ensure that my membership cancellations, have been processed correctly by my banking institution. I understand that this is my responsibility.
7) I understand that Eight Limbs Yoga of St Augustine retains the right to auto draft my membership dues on the credit/debit card given at the time of signing up and should my bank account have insufficient funds to cover the auto draft, I accept that any insufficient funds penalties/fees assessed to my bank account are my responsibility and not that of Eight Limbs Yoga of St Augustine. I understand that if I cancel or replace the credit/debit card that I have on file with Eight Limbs Yoga of St Augustine for auto draft, it is my responsibility to update Eight Limbs Yoga of St Augustine of this change;
8) I hereby certify that I am the holder of the credit card detailed below. I understand that I will be notified if my auto draft fails to authorize and that I will be charged a $10.00 declined-card fee. Termination of my contract and a $35 termination feel will apply if I do not provide valid credit card information within (30) calendar days of the initial failed to authorize date;
9) I understand that my membership will be deactivated and a termination fee of $35 if my account becomes more than 30 calendar days late.
10) I understand and agree that it is my responsibility to visit 8limbyogastaug.com and become informed about the policies on membership cancellation;
I AGREE WITH THE ABOVE TERMS ☐